Saturday, March 22, 2008

Marc Vieira--Bailey Creek Properties Realtor



My wife and I moved to Lake Almanor because we love living in an area as beautiful as Lake Tahoe but without the congestion and high cost of living.


My journey to Lake Almanor was based upon my life long desire to live in the mountains. Because I needed to eat on a regular basis, after graduating from law school at USF in 1974, I gravitated to a more populated area and moved to Napa. I was a prosecuting attorney for 10 years with the Napa DA's office trying hundreds of cases from DUIs to serious felonies. Then in 1986 I was fortunate to become appointed as Napa Municipal Court's first Court Commissioner. I mostly presided over criminal cases, but did small claims and traffic court. I retired as a Superior Court Commissioner in 2000.


I'm sure several of my friends questioned my leaving at a young age. Many believing I would be bored. We moved to Nevada City thinking this would be our ideal retirement area. While enjoying many facets of the area, it wasn't until we visited Lake Almanor in 2002 that I realized this was exactly the kind of area that was for me. Luckily I had a wife who also enjoyed the outdoors and was willing to make another move. In 2004 we built a home and moved in just before Thanksgiving.


In 2002 I obtained my real estate license because it was a way to utilize my background and experience in the law, still give me flexible hours to enjoy my free time, and to keep my mind active.


Our home was built in the Bailey Creek Development. It seemed natural to work for the Bailey Creek Properties Real Estate office. It has turned out to be a wonderful situation as I thoroughly enjoy everyone associated with the office and all the clients I've had the privilege to work for.


Without the crowds and everything within a short distance we have our choice of several lakes to kayak in (or fish), mountains to hike, mountain bike, snow shoe and cross-country ski, and of course the three beautiful golf courses surrounding Lake Almanor. Lake Almanor is fairly warm in summer with water temperatures around 70 degrees. You can tell by the list of activities that we do get snow in the winter. Every winter is different, but typically, by early April the snow is disappearing quickly. Then comes the summer where temperatures average mid 40's in the morning to mid 80's in the afternoon. No humidity and hardly any mosquito's, at least where I live!

If you are interested in seeing what real estate in the form of homes or lots that are available, you can look at my web-site http://www.lakealmanorproperties.com/ or should you have any questions, you can contact me at marc@baileycreek.com.





No comments: